10.09.2011

A little Hokie

Good thing my father-in-law doesn't read this blog.  While he's coping with my being a Yankee pretty well and I never discuss politics with him, my latest creation might send him over the edge.  We attended a little boy's first birthday party this weekend, and I wanted to give him a piggy bank as a gift.  I loved the cute little monkey with the blues and greens and browns that were on the invitation, but knowing Brayden will outgrow that motif in a heartbeat, I had to come up with something else.  With dad being a Virginia Tech alum, I knew I couldn't go wrong with a Hokie piggy.  So if by some off chance you are reading this, Dad (and any other Wahoo out there), look away now!





While the design was pretty simple, I had to get creative with the colors.  I don't have a maroon paint pen, so I used red first, and while it was still wet, I went over it with brown.  Turned out pretty maroon, if you ask me!  I hope Brayden starts saving his pennies now...who knows what a Tech education is going to cost in 17 more years!  Happy Birthday, lil Pep!

Large piggy banks like Brayden's can be purchased for $25, while medium piggies are available for $15.  Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or find me on Facebook to place an order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment