8.02.2011

Project 52: Week 30

My friend Christina and I met when we were 8 years old, camping with our families at Peters Pond Park in Cape Cod, MA.  When we were leaving that first summer, we exchanged addresses and became pen pals (I believe we called ourselves Pound Puppy Pen Pals because of our obsession with the stuffed animals) until our families went back the following summer.  This tradition continued through college, and ended somewhat abruptly when growing up and getting big girl jobs got in the way of our carefree summer plans.  Christina was a bridesmaid in my wedding six years ago, and with nearly 600 miles between us, that was the last time I saw her.  We've had two daughters each since then, and until last week, they had yet to meet.  

Six years without seeing my Pound Puppy Pen Pal was more than long enough, so we planned a trip back to Peters Pond Park for a long overdue reunion.  It was surreal being back there, especially having my own kids with me this time.  It was incredible to see Christina and meet her fiance and her beautiful babies, and I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief that I've finally met them and hugged and kissed them.  Now we just have to make sure it doesn't take another six years to see them again!

Brynn and Emelia enjoying their ice cream

If you'd like to participate in your own Project 52:  Glimpse Into Motherhood, click on the link below:

Project 52 Glimpse Into Motherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment