8.14.2011

Fancy Fern

Done!  Finished my third piggy bank in two days with enough time to spare to give those housewives of New Jersey my undivided attention.  I was really excited when I found this font, and I knew it would be perfect for the piggy I was asked to create.  The little girl's name is Fern, and the customer wanted (duh) fern fronds on the piggy bank.  Once again, I felt my artistic abilities being challenged, but I'm really happy with the outcome:





The green fronds and yellow swirls seemed a little bland, so I added purple dots within the yellow and threw in some red polka dots and "shoes" for a little punch of color.  Yup, definitely watched too much Color Splash this week!  A unique piggy for a girl with a unique name.

Medium piggy banks like Fern's can be purchased for $15, while large piggies are available for $25.  Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook for ordering and product information.

No comments:

Post a Comment