7.24.2011

Whale-y Fancy

Helping to plan a baby shower for Ryan's cousin has been just the kick in the butt I've needed to get my creative juices flowing once again.  Sure, I should be getting ready for vacation, but I've always been a last minute packer anyway!  
I found these invitations on Etsy, at a shop called Katie-did Designs:

Baby Boy Shower Iinvite with Ocean friends, digital, printable file (item 1235)

  You simply purchase the file, give the designer your event's info, and she creates a downloadable proof you print wherever you like.  I went the most affordable route and had them printed on photo paper at Sam's Club.  In my haste to have the final product in hand, I kinda sorta forgot to include the shower's location, but Katie fixed it up real nice...same day and everything!  If only she could fix my scatterbrain!  

One of the grandmothers-to-be suggested we ask the guests to include a children's book with their gift in lieu of a card (which I think is one of the greatest ideas EVER!), so I typed up a little note on the computer and pasted it onto coordinating scrapbook paper to throw in with the invitations.  I used a turquoise pen and one of my favorite fonts for the envelopes:


It's tough to read, but I googled "book instead of card wording" and took bits and pieces of my favorite little rhymes and put them together:

Just one last request, we hope it’s not hard –
Please bring baby a book in place of a card.
Whether Cat in the Hat or Winnie the Pooh,
You can sign the inside so we know it’s from you.
By signing your book we’ll remember and share
Your very special gift even when you’re not there.

My mother-in-law found some coordinating whale thank you notes in TJ Maxx, but they only had one set.  Having nothing to lose, I checked the TJ Maxx near me (almost an hour away from hers) and found another!  Love that store.  


So glad to have those done before I take some time off next week.  All I have to do now is remember to put them in the mail...one would think that would be the easy part, but I assure you, it's not!

To place an order or inquire about my calligraphy services, email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment