3.29.2011

Picture this

When I introduced Fancy Fonts' new Marvelous Magnets, a friend of mine asked me if I could make them with photos instead of patterned paper.  The answer appears to be YES!  In tonight's test run, I used the only pictures on my fridge that were small enough to fit on the gem.  Since the gem is only about 1 3/8" wide (or long, depending on whichever orientation works better), these wallet size school pictures were perfect.  While my hot glue gun seemed to do the trick for the regular paper, the air bubbles were a little tougher to get out using the photos.  I'll have to invest in some diamond glaze before I do any more, but I feel like a whole world of marvelous possibilities has just opened up!  And while the photo magnets themselves turned out pretty cute, they were even tougher to photograph than their patterned paper counterparts.  Try to see past the glare to the little studmuffin beneath!


  Here's a sample of a blue and green floral set (still working on backgrounds for photographing these little suckers!):


Large marvelous magnets (~1 3/8") are available for purchase in sets of 6 for $5, while small magnets (~3/4") come in sets of 9 for $6.  Personalization is available for an additional $1 per set.  Contact me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook to place an order and for pricing info on larger orders (ie party favors).  Go on, Fancy up your fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment