3.17.2011

Mahvelous magnets

 In an attempt to regain a bit of sanity after a particularly challenging few days at my day job, I made a bee-line for Michaels when my husband came home from work last night.  It was so nice to wander around somewhat aimlessly, instead of doing the mad-dash-a-la-Supermarket-Sweep-to-get-what-I-need-and-get-out thing I typically do with my "shopping assistants" in tow.  I went in with a particular idea in mind, but when I didn't find exactly what I needed (classic Michaels shopping experience for me), a new idea was born.  I give you Marvelous Magnets:


I didn't think my neighbor would mind having the test round of magnets, so I made some with her family's names on them.  In the test run on the fridge, these little guys held up a piece of paper, but failed to hold up anything heavier like a photo or greeting card.  I'd like to experiment with a stronger magnet, as well as a sealant to coat the back with, before I make these available for purchase.  I plan to offer marvelous magnets in sets of different sizes, making them suitable as gifts and party favors.  Customization options are virtually endless!  Stay tuned...

Speaking of parties, check out my friend's new business called Dipped Sticks.  She makes adorable pops out of cake, marshmallows, oreos, and more.  These virtually mess-free treats are perfect for showers and kids' parties...bet you can't eat just one!

                     

Don't forget that Easter is right around the corner...hopefully the blooming daffodils (and in my case, the sneezing and itchy eyes!) are good reminders!  To place your order for elegant eggs or Mr. Hoppy (pictured below), email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook.  

                          
 Elegant eggs

Mr. Hoppy 

Last but not least, Happy St. Patrick's Day from Fancy Fonts!

No comments:

Post a Comment