3.30.2011

Project 52: Week 13

It takes a village to raise a child.  That's another one of those sayings that you only truly understand once you have children.  We weren't meant to do this job alone, and luckily, we are surrounded by some pretty awesome villagers!  My kids have two incredible grandmothers who will brave bridge, tunnel and school bus traffic to stay with my kids so I can go to a doctor's appointment or simply run a few errands alone.  They have an aunt and uncle who will let us come over to torment their cat just so we can get out of the house for a little while.  We have cousins and friends with whom we can barter babysitting services, which is so clutch when Grandma and Grandmommy aren't available.  We have teacher friends who give us their access codes to great online educational videos and games.  We have neighbors we can call at 10pm for some Benadryl when one of the kids wakes up with mystery hives.  I love my village!

On this particular day, I realize it apparently takes a village to dress a child as well.  I got Camryn dressed in the morning, but it wasn't until I took this picture of her just before lunch that I realized she wasn't wearing a single article of clothing that was hers from the start.  The tunic and capris are hand-me-downs from Daisy and Hattie, the shoes were from Lia, the denim jacket was Brynn's, and even that was a consignment store find!  I was even able to commission the sewing skills of a new friend when I couldn't find the perfect dresses for my girls to wear for our family photo shoot next month (don't worry...those pics will come as soon as I pick up the dresses tomorrow!).  I am so grateful for the generosity of some awesome mommy friends of mine, and as sad as I am to clean out my baby girl's closet, I love being able to pay it forward and give her precious clothes to someone else who will wear them with love.  From one villager to another.


If you'd like to participate in your own Project 52:  Glimpse Into Motherhood, click on the link below:

Project 52 Glimpse Into Motherhood

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Yours does it too. Ms. Diva thinks the spoons get the cherios out of the 'octopus' thang, LOL. PS - I love hand-me-downs.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fist bump for hand-me-downs. My sisters and I have traveling totes of clothes. Best way to do it.

    ReplyDelete