3.14.2011

Somebunny's smiling!

After a root canal to fix an abscessed tooth while 5 months pregnant and unable to take halfway decent pain meds, my dentist informed me I should seriously consider getting braces if I would like to avoid such dental issues in the future.  A 30-something mother of two with braces???  You've GOT to be kidding me!  It was all I could do to hold back big, pregnant lady tears until I got out of the office.  I was able to get a grip within a few miles...it was braces, not cancer we were talking about afterall!  Nearly two years later, my bite is nearly perfect, my braces are set to come off tomorrow, and I'm even a few pounds lighter than I was before having my kids thanks to what Brynn affectionately calls my "train tracks."  I am so thankful to Dr. Neal and the staff at Klar Voorhees Orthodontics for making something I was dreading a rather pleasant experience.  I will miss their smiling faces, but even more, I will miss lying back in a chair with my feet up for 30 minutes every 4 to 6 weeks!  As a token of thanks (and being that it's almost time for Easter), I made them a little gift:



Mr. Hoppy was a bit of a guinea pig...believe it or not, this was the first time I ever used a hot glue gun!  I think I'm hooked now, and things just may get even fancier around here because of it!  Mr. Hoppy can be purchased for $25 (basket and grass not included), and his female counterpart Ms. Hoppy is also available.  Choose from blue (pictured above), pink, purple, and yellow eggs.  Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook to place an order.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I love it! I am sure Dr. Neal (does he kneel when he looks at those choppers or does he bend?) and co. will definitely appreciate it! You are one creative and fancy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Looks great. Congrats on getting the braces off.

    ReplyDelete