11.27.2011

Project 52: Week 47

"Don't you know turkey induces labor?" my doctor told me when I went to the hospital the day after Thanksgiving in 2006.  Hardy har har.  Brynn wasn't due for another nine days, but after a false alarm the day before Thanksgiving and quietly laboring through my turkey and mashed potatoes, I was ready to meet my first born.  So while the world was in a frenzy over Black Friday deals and steals, I was hee-hee-hooing through contractions with nothing on tv but "Saved by the Bell" reruns.  Sorry, but Screech doesn't exactly make for a good focal point when you're in the worst pain of your life...just sayin.

I would say within days of Brynn's birth, I realized that every few years, her birthday would fall on Thanksgiving.  I mustered up what few brain cells this new mom was left with and calculated that 2011 would be the first time Brynn's birthday and Thanksgiving would coincide.  A whiz with numbers, I figured she'd be 5 years old in 2011, and what better way to spend a little girl's fifth birthday than to go to New York and see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?  I made a promise to my little nugget that we would do just that, and I'm happy to report I made good on my promise...which is why I'm a little late with this post.

Such a trooper...up at 5am to take the subway in from Brooklyn

Spongebob was Brynn's favorite balloon 


Kung Fu Panda was mine 


Gotta love the classics...poor Snoopy was a bit weathered and worn! 


Spiderman was pretty impressive 


Psimas self portrait (shhhh...don't tell Ryan he's on here!)

I know I'll never forget celebrating Brynn's 5th birthday in grand fashion...hopefully she doesn't either!  Now I'm wondering if we've set the bar too high for Camryn...

If you'd like to participate in your own Project 52:  Glimpse Into Motherhood, click on the link below:

Project 52 Glimpse Into Motherhood

1 comment:

  1. love your family portrait!!

    your husband couldn't look happier. ...with three lovely ladies by his side, who can blame him!

    best - d.

    ReplyDelete