5.11.2011

Something new

I got a phone call from a bride on Monday saying she was having the hardest time finding a gift to give her parents on her big day (which is Saturday, mind you!).  Of course the sarcastic voice inside my head immediately says, "Somehow I think neither a piggy bank or plastic plate and bowl set seem appropriate here," but the professional voice sweetly says, "What did you have in mind?"  
The bride was able to find a set of wall frame/shadow box type things for a steal, and she was hoping I could make them a little more personal and sentimental by writing a quote on each.  There were three frames, so one would have a quote for her mother, one for her father, and one about the two of them as parents.  Such a sweet idea, right?  A well-known personalization store wanted to charge her $3/word (!), but she Fancied up her frames at the bargain price of $15 total.  Here's the finished product:

All three frames together.  Lots of options for arranging them on the wall. 


"A mother holds her children's hands for a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."

"I'm everything I am because you've been there to support me."  Bride and groom's names and wedding date at the bottom.

"A father raises his children to be as good as he meant to be."


Sweet.  Subtle.  Fancy.  Congratulations, Stephanie and Benjamin! 


Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook for calligraphy information and pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment