5.08.2011

Getting girly

It's been a while since I've made a piggy bank for myself to give as a gift, but I had the chance to get Fancy for friends of my own this weekend.  Ellie Reese was turning 1, so I came up with a tropical themed piggy for this beautiful beach baby.  Hopefully this piggy will stay with Ellie as she grows, no matter what color her room is.  Take a look:

 Every wahini needs a flower in her hair, right?



 I was too scared to attempt drawing a flamingo, so I took the safe route and went with hibiscus flowers instead. 



I was also asked to make the "deluxe package" (aka, piggy bank and plate set) for a former co-worker whose daughter just had her first baby.  I couldn't find the baby's bedding on her registry, so I drew my inspiration from this adorable gift set:


Here's how Eva's piggy turned out:





For Eva's plate set, I used a color scheme and pattern that somewhat coordinated with the piggy bank for a gift with a cohesive look.  


Large piggy banks like Ellie's and Eva's can be purchased for $25 each, while plate sets (includes 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 personalized insert for each) are available for $15.  Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook to place an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment