1.18.2012

Project 52: Week 3 - I've got a dream

I feel like I need to clear the air a little bit before I get to this week's P52 post.  I do not write these posts to paint a pretty picture of my life.  It's not all sunshine and rainbows around here, and I don't intend for it to seem that way.  Here's the thing...not everyone who wants kids is lucky enough to have them.  And some who are lucky enough to have children aren't always lucky enough to have healthy children.  And some who are lucky enough to have children, healthy or otherwise, aren't lucky enough to stay home with them full time.  I happen to be one of the luckiest, and I'm sure those in the other categories would rather not hear me complain.  So I write these posts to highlight the positive - the humor and joy - my children bring to my life, and if it brings a smile to your face too, that's a nice little bonus.

Moving on.  The timing of this week's post is rather comedic, with having just celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.  You see, when we were under house arrest potty training Camryn a few weeks ago, we watched Tangled a lot.  A LOT.  Camryn really took a liking to the song "I've Got a Dream," and would be happier than a pig in slop to have it on repeat all...day...long.  And when I will no longer obey her command to play it "AGAIN!", she makes me sing it to her.  Over and over and over.  She's even choreographed her own little routine to the song, inspired by "Punzel," Flynn Rider, and the ruffians from the Snuggly Duckling.  She mimics all of their gestures, and her grande finale includes climbing up on the coffee table, much like Rapunzel climbs up onto the table in the movie: 


 "Cuz way down deep inside I've got a dreeeeeeeeeeeam!"  Oh, this little girl!  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I actually really like that movie but probably couldn't take it over and over and over again. She's going to be your broadway star.

    ReplyDelete