3.24.2012

Project 52: Week 12 - The end is near

I believe the Mayans were right when they said the world will end in 2012.  Ok, maybe it won't end, per say, but my world is being drastically altered by one little transition Camryn is trying to make (and I'm fighting with every ounce of my being)...she's trying to drop her afternoon nap.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I just...can't...do it.  Don't...have...the power.

I neeeeeed this child to nap.  She is such a handful right now, and I do so enjoy a short break from reprimanding her, especially at around the 2 o'clock hour, when my energy level dips to dangerously low levels.  I also enjoy being able to get a smidgeon of housework or Fancy work done while she naps, but that seems to be a thing of the past.  I've heard plenty of people suggest it's ok if she doesn't nap, as long as she has some quiet time in her room to give Mommy a break.  Fair enough, but this is what happens during "quiet time:"

After hearing the pitter patter of little feet for about 10 minutes, I go upstairs to check Camryn's bedroom, only to find an empty bed.

I take a peek in Brynn's room and find her hamper (of clean, folded clothes, mind you) has been ransacked, despite Brynn being downstairs with me the whole time.  Hmmmm...

I hear some commotion coming from my bathroom and nudge the door open, armed with my camera, to find this:

She's got guilt written all over her edible little face!  Apparently, Camryn's beloved purple teddy had a boo boo, so she pulled the potty over to the linen closet to try to get some band aids.  By the way, this is not the dress she was wearing when I put her down for her nap.  She typically has her own private fashion show for herself when she's supposed to be napping.

Lucky for me, it was 80+ degrees and sunny, so I said screw the nap, we're going to the beach:

There.  Problem solved.  Well, the problem of Camryn not napping is not really solved at all, but going to the beach improved my mood tremendously, which solves a lot of other problems in the meantime!  Spring, the timing of your arrival is impeccable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment