1.19.2011

Grrrrrr!

My latest creation is for my BFF, whose cousin's little boy is turning 1 next month.  She loved his party invitation, which was a picture of the birthday boy in his monster pajamas, and it read "Our little monster is turning 1!"  She thought it would be a great idea to incorporate the monster theme into the piggy bank (and challenge my artistic abilities yet again!), and sent me the link to his pj's:


And I gave it a go:

I sat looking at the front of this piggy for a good 10 minutes, scared to draw the big eyes and mouth on it.  I'd never done anything but some cute little eyelashes before, and I was worried I'd screw this up after I had done all the work on the sides.  Phew, turned out pretty cute!




Hope Jake loves his piggy and saves a monstrous amount of cash in it!  Large piggy banks like Jake's can be purchased for $25, while medium and small sized banks are available for $15 and $5, respectively.  Email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook to place an order.  Get your order in before February 5th, and all proceeds will go toward my fundraising efforts for Special Olympics Virginia.  

The next two piggies on the docket are for twin boys, and mommy wants me to do a monkey theme.  For some reason, I love love love monkeys, so I can't wait to get to work on those.  That will have to wait though...just like the family on In Living Color's "Hey Mon" skit, I have to get back to my first job as a mom and second as a babysitter.  Better get going on that first cup of coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment