1.10.2011

The end of an era

Long before the inception of Fancy Fonts, I was approached by a former co-worker with a business opportunity.  I had been a stay-at-home mom for about 8 months when Alex proposed I watch his newborn when his wife went back to work.  My arm didn't take much twisting, and I have been babysitting for the Siyufy's ever since!  That was 3 1/2 years ago, and I've seen this family earn promotions, take new jobs, buy a new house, have a new baby, and announce they're expecting yet another baby.  I have become great friends with Alex's wife, Mindy, and our children get along more like brothers and sisters (to a fault sometimes!).  The Siyufy's are starting an exciting new chapter in their lives, moving across the state for Alex to pursue what seems to be the career opportunity of a lifetime.  I will miss them all dearly (especially this baby girl I'll just have to wait a while to meet!), and I wish them the best of luck in their new home.  To send them off, I made each of the kids (including Miss Chloe, whose arrival isn't expected until March) a personalized plate and bowl set, so they can remember the Psimases at each and every meal.  Good luck, Siyufy's!

      Luke with his cars and trucks plate set


Noah with his sock monkey plate set

A very girly plate set for the future princess of the Siyufy house!


Like what you see?  As far as I know, the kids are not for sale (yet), but you can place an order for these plate sets or any other gifts and services I offer by emailing me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com or messaging me on Facebook.  The above sets are $15 each, which include one plate, one bowl, and one personalized insert for each.  Additional inserts for different seasons, holidays, etc. can be purchased for $1 each.  

Don't forget that every penny earned from now until February 5th will go toward my fundraising efforts for this year's Polar Plunge, which raises money for Special Olympics Virginia.  It's a great, albeit FRIGID, cause, and anything you can contribute is much appreciated.  Donations can also be made on my secure fundraising website at www.firstgiving.com/karenpsimas.  THANK YOU!!!


One last thing...Fancy Fonts is now included in the business directory of Macaroni Kid Virginia Beach, a local e-newsletter chock-full of events and information for local families.  Subscribe today by going to www.virginiabeach.macaronikid.com...it's completely free and there are weekly giveaways from local businesses.  Pretty sweet, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment