6.14.2012

Project 52: Week 23 - Everybody's learnin' how

If ten years ago, you told me my life would be what it is today, I would have laughed.  In your face.  Hard.  In 2002, I was renting a condo in White Plains, New York with a Canadian speech pathologist who had something against closing kitchen cabinets, as well as an affinity for playing weird Canadian solitaire games in the living room with the a/c cranked while bundled up in a sweatshirt and pants.  I was working six days a week and going out very little.  I was in this weird, lonely, I-miss-college kind of place, and I didn't know how to get out of the funk I was in.  

Then I moved south of the Mason-Dixon, and things changed pretty quickly.

Fast forward to this past weekend.  I woke up at 6am on a Saturday and ran 10 miles.  Then I collected my husband and two blonde children and hit the beach for a family surf session.  As I stood up on that surfboard, my legs feeling every inch of those 10 miles I ran, I couldn't help but chuckle.  WHO AM I???  A wife.  A mom of two really awesome little girls.  A runner?  A surfer?  Really???  Well alright.

Since I find the picture my mother-in-law took of me heading out to surf less than flattering, I'll leave you with a video of Brynn riding a wave instead (Ryan's mom is providing the commentary).  


No comments:

Post a Comment