5.20.2012

Party by Pinterest

My husband and I hosted a wedding shower for our friends Haylie and Tim yesterday, and I wish the execs at Pinterest (does Pinterset have execs?) were here to see it.  From the menu to the decor, Pinterest influences were abound.  I was a little nervous about the weather forecast the night before the party, but we ended up with a gorgeous day, just right to eat, drink, and be merry...and play some cornhole too!

The guests of honor...and no, Haylie doesn't tower over Tim...she's standing on a step!

The littler (and fiestier) of Haylie's two flower girls

The bride and her minions

Festive tissue paper poms, courtesty of Carolyn 


They're still hanging in my trees...too pretty to take down! 


Fancied up the beverage station with a homemade felt sunflower

These sandwiches were quite the team effort...cucumber sandwiches courtesy of the mother of the groom, avocado chicken salad prepared by yours truly, assembled by Meghan.  Chalkboard signs made by Carolyn, Fancied by you-know-who. 


Soooooo thankful the bride took the rest of these strawberry cheesecake bars home with her!  Did not need those leftovers in my fridge on this boring, rainy day!  I made the cheesecake, Kevin knocked the strawberry drizzle out of the park.  We're talking stupid good. 


Tim's mom made these fruit cups, and yes, they were as refreshing as they look. 


Bean and salsa dip, hummus, cheese and grapes arranged in a pretty sunflower

I'm hoping to get a few more pics from Carolyn that I wasn't able to capture before the guests arrived.  The Pimm's Cup turned out even better than expected, and two pitchers were gone in a jiffy.  The mason jars looked so cute arranged on the beverage table, and I've learned from now on, I need a name tag on my beverage. 

I'd say the shower was a success, and I look forward to spending my "free" time pinning ideas for a baby shower for the mother of my future niece or nephew.  Oh, this will be good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment