6.15.2011

Project 52: Week 24

I made the suggestion to go to Charleston to visit some friends for a long weekend.  I worked out the weekend's plans with said friends.  I washed everyone's clothes, towels, and sheets.  I packed said items away in suitcases (minus Ryan's, but all he packs is a bathing suit, so let's not give him too much credit!).  I bought all of the food for meals and snacks for the car ride.  I packed books, coloring items, toys, and games and strategically placed them in the backseat for the long drive.  I buckled the girls in their car seats.  Now tell me, don't I deserve a better seat than this?!?!


Yup, that's where I sat for 7 1/2 hours down and 9 hours back, squished between two tiny tyrants and beneath two surfboards, while Daddy enjoyed listening to music all by himself at the wheel.  I didn't even get the luxury of air conditioning back there, but don't get me started on that topic!  I see where I rank in this family.  

Regardless of my discomfort, I greatly enjoyed the fruits of my labor, and we all had a great time on our little trip.  We got in some time at the beach, as well as some sight-seeing, and Camryn experienced her first surf session with Daddy and her first boat ride as well.  Brynn stood up on a wave with Daddy's help, and I can't even describe how proud I was watching my 4 year old daughter do something I've never done myself.  What a great way to kick off the summer!

My little wahinis

If you'd like to participate in your own Project 52:  Glimpse Into Motherhood, click on the link below:

Project 52 Glimpse Into Motherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment