6.08.2011

Project 52: Week 23

 If you read last week's Project 52 post, you will know there is little I dread more than grocery shopping with my two sidekicks. It's hard to focus, it takes forever, and we rarely make it out of the store without tears being shed.  Not the most pleasant way to spend a morning (because it usually takes the entire morning).  Until today.

They say necessity is the mother of invention.  It is quite necessary for me to maintain my sanity, therefore I "invented" what I will from this day forward affectionately refer to as "Supermarket Swap."  My neighbor dropped her son off at my house this morning and left to tackle her grocery list.  Since the kids were able to amuse themselves, I was able to get some laundry and tidying up done with fewer interruptions had Ayden not been with us.  Korrin returned from the store and put her groceries away in peace before I dropped the three musketeers off at her house so she could return the favor.  Brilliant, no?  The moms accomplished more in a morning than they usually can in an entire weekend, and the kids got some playtime at two different houses in the meantime.  

The lollipop guild

The icing on the cake...after leisurely reading a gossip magazine while waiting in the checkout line, I got carded buying my big ol' bottle of wine.  Felt strange leaving Walmart with a smile on my face!

If you'd like to participate in your own Project 52:  Glimpse Into Motherhood, click on the link below:

Project 52 Glimpse Into Motherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment