1.14.2013

Unicorns and rainbows

My poor kids.  They are the inspiration for so much of what I do, yet they have to wait the longest to get some Fancy of their own.  Take these lap desks, for instance:




I first bought them because I thought my kids would love to have a little place to sit and color or do homework anywhere in the house.  Check my receipt...I bought them in September.  Until tonight, I had made over a dozen of these desks for customers or to give as gifts for the girls' friends and cousins, but I had yet to Fancy them up for my own kids.  Shame on me!  

So finally tonight at dinner, I asked Brynn what she'd like me to draw on her blue lap desk.  "A unicorn and a rainbow" was her response.  A unicorn???  Should have known she'd throw a challenge my way.  I feel way more pressure to produce my best work for my own kids...after all, I'm going to have to look at it every single day!  If I didn't get this right, I'd be so annoyed with myself every time I looked at that desk.  Thanks to Google, I found a cute image of a unicorn that I was able to replicate without so much as a single curse word.  I think I nailed it for my sweet girl, and I can't wait for her to see it in the morning:


Lap desks like Brynn's come in a variety of colors and are available for purchase for $15.  Pair them with a pencil case for a unique and useful gift for kids of all ages.  Message me on Facebook or email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com to place an order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment