3.04.2013

Sassy Silhouettes

Although Fancy Fonts started out as a one trick pony, providing calligraphy services to anyone who would pay me, I've worked hard over the last two years to expand my empire and appeal to the masses.  I'm always on the lookout for something I can Fancy, whether I'm out shopping or even at a birthday party for one of my kids' friends.  My Fancy fans continue to be my greatest resource for new ideas, and with the addition of Pinterest to my arsenal, watch out people!  It's gonna get real Fancy up in here!!!  

  Until now, I hadn't made anything Fancy for my nephew since he was born in November because I wanted to get a chance to get to know him a little first.  I couldn't do the obvious sports theme or fire trucks because, while sports and fire trucks will inevitably be a part of Jude's life, it was just too expected.  I had my mind set on making him a canvas, so I went straight to the source via text message:

FF:  If you were a canvas for Jude's room, what would you look like?
Meg5han:  Hmmmmm.

Followed by this picture:


Now, animals are right up there next to people on top of my list of Things I Suck at Drawing, but I can usually manage a silhouette.  And thanks to a feverish kid who didn't mind laying low today, I was able to bang this little dude out this afternoon:


I'm hoping this opens the floodgates to a whole new world of Fancy for you all!  I plan to work on a few more with the oh so trendy zig zag background on different sizes and shapes of canvases, providing you with a versatile product that will fit in any room of your house.  Think housewarming, baby shower, and wedding gifts as well!  The more I create, the better I'll get!  Not to mention that all of my canvases are 20% off during the Fancy Fonts March Madness sale...message me on Facebook or email me at karen.psimas@yahoo.com with questions and orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment